Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What the heck this errorrr??

Login failed for user 'loginname-'. Reason: The password of the account has expired.


This error come when im on my medical leave day.. So that my system analyst call me up when im swimming on the bed..haha..Im forgot to copy the ftp address and password huhuh..I tell my system analyst to send me the password so that i can check the error when im on MC:(.....Just remember the last day that i touch the coding there's no error happend.Huh.So what the heck is that ..gogle help me wit this solution huhu..mybe there's no error with my coding or in server setting....

yeah that is..

Problem
For some reason your web site is up, but none of the data is loading on your web site? Is your SQL Server up and running? Are you able to access the data with either your Windows account or sa? What does your SQL Server error log report? What is the culprit?

Solution
Chances are if the SQL Server error log reports messages of:

Logon Error: 18487, Severity: 14, State: 1.
Logon Login failed for user 'loginname'. Reason: The password of the account has expired. [CLIENT: ]

Then the password for the login used in your web application has expired. SQL Server 2005 introduced 'Enforce password policy' and/or the 'Enforce password expiration' configurations which use the local policies for password length, complexity and expiration. Depending on how Active Directory, the local policies and your rights are setup, these parameters can be reviewed and changed to dictate how SQL Server uses configurations.

Where can I find the login properties?

  1. Open Management Studio and the object browser.
  2. Navigate to the Security | Logins folder.
  3. Find the login you are interested in reviewing.
  4. Right click on the login and select 'Properties' option.
  5. On the General tab, review the 'Enforce password policy' and the 'Enforce password expiration' configurations.
Demn. I cant rest my brain even when im in mc..aaaaahhh.After seeing this solution hopefully i can resolve tomorow morning and need to xplain to my system analyst..Duhh i wanna sedateddddd

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
DROP ME A MSG :D